Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Something is better than nothing

Ok, so I called our LP today and she called back not long ago to let me know that she hadn't received a decision from the underwriter (ugh!)- However, she also let me know that she had already contacted her manager in regards to our file - She said that it has taken longer than she would normally expect so she has requested that her manager get in contact with the underwriter. I let her know that I have been worried about it because I wasn't sure if I needed to line up another lender- the LP reassurred me that there was no need to worry and that she hadn't seen anything that would give her any reason to have concern and everything would be fine. This is a relief, but I will feel even better when I get a response after her supervisor talks to the underwriter, which I really hope is today or tomorrow.

I also emailed our PM this morning and asked what was next on the agenda. He told me that the footers were pinned by the surveyor yesterday and he was expecting the poured wall crew to be at lot 29 on Friday or Monday because they are scheduled to close before us. Once their walls are done they will start on ours and he hopes to have the forms set by Thursday of next week. That's 2 weeks from when they poured the footings. I know that the heavy rain from a few weeks ago caused some delay, but it seems like every other blog that I've read had their footers and walls poured only days apart from each other. Well, I guess I won't have anything to report for the next week.

I'm glad that I finally have something to tell my husband because every time he calls he asks if I have heard anything about the loan and house...and everyday I've had to tell him "no".

6 comments:

  1. good to know you have some updates on where you stand with the build and the loan. I can understand your stress even though they tell you not to worry. Once we got our "unofficial" approval (i.e., a call from our LO saying we were approved), it took almost another month to get the official letter in the mail from NVR saying we're approved and what conditions existed for closing (e.g., we may need revised paystubs, we need to provide a home owners insurance company, etc.). Until I saw it officially in writing, I kept wondering what if something changes or what if there were conditions we couldn't meet.

    Hope you start seeing progress on both fronts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I bet I won't be capable of fully relaxing until we are closed and in the house!

      Delete
  2. the rain has been crazy. I think today was the first day we haven't had any in more than 3 weeks. Such a bummer you are stuck in the middle of that. Hopefully it won't set you back too far. Once they get that roof on, there won't be any more delays due to weather so look forward to that day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been nice the past two weeks here and only a little rain here and there. As long as everything is set to close on time I guess I shouldn't worry myself...I am so looking forward to having walls and a roof!

      Delete
  3. The weather was out of control for so many weeks it's no wonder they are behind. But as soon as they get things poured it will start to move so much faster! You are almost there. :)

    That's great that they see nothing to worry about with the loan - hopefully you can relax a little - although I know that is easier said than done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had to wait 2.5 weeks for our sidewalk because of rain and they were so far behind. The front of the build is so weather dependent but once they get the framing and roof sheathing on, you will be much better for a while. Most of us had our houses get rained in after/during framing. It makes you a little upset but everything turns out ok.

    ReplyDelete