Thursday, July 4, 2013

Awaiting answers and over the rain

So I'm glad that we had the opportunity to see fireworks on Saturday because the rain has been relentless all week. I'm sure this weather has put a damper on a lot of planned celebrations.

Well- I was notified last Tuesday that NVR had sent our file to underwriting. What a relief knowing that our file hadn't disappeared or been filed in the trash, lol. Our LP said that she was hoping to have decision early this week, but when I sent an email to check the status she hadn't received a decision. I'm anxious to get a confirmed approval, it would make me feel a lot better. My husband asks me twice a day about it and I hate disappointing him with the news of no news.......On a positive and happy note, our SR called me on Tuesday and cheered me up by giving me the news that our Pre-construction meeting will be on Tuesday the 9th at 9am!! I'm excited and imagine that NVR gave our SR a thumbs up to move forward (still would like a confirmation). I had previously started a list of questions that I wanted to ask and I'm checking out blogs to make sure we have all bases covered. I'm beyond ready to get started because the house we're in now seems like it is closing in on us everyday. There is literally no more room. I've had winter clothes packed up and sitting at the landing of the stairs and honestly there are still Christmas decorations that are waiting to find a place to hide until December. This isn't a healthy environment for someone that suffers from OCD! I need organization and neatness to be completely happy. That sounds ridiculous for some people, my husband included, but it's truly the truth. I think it may be hereditary because my sister, mother, and grandmother are the same way. I'm not saying it's a bad quality at all because who doesn't like a clean organized house, right?

Anyways, enough ranting about that - I'm excited that the pre-construction meeting is in our very near future and look forward to meeting our Project Manager. Hopefully we will get a decision from NVR on Monday because not knowing is the worst! Until then I'm going to do my best to relax and have faith that everything will work out.

3 comments:

  1. Great news. Have fun at your meeting. You will have a house soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a Pre-con meeting is very good news. That should indicate RH has received a favorable indication from NVR. From your meeting the PM will submit his cost estimates and orders for your house. You will usually dig shortly after the meeting. They have 3 weeks to have your foundation in and ready for the wood package. Within a month you will be standing in a framed house with a rod on it. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pre-con meeting is exciting!!

    ReplyDelete