Friday, September 13, 2013

Pre-Drywall meeting

We had our pre drywall meeting today and everything went good :) The only thing that was missing is the outlet that I added in the master closet. I know the plumbing inspection was completed and it passed, but I think that the electrical inspection still needs to happen. Before the end of next week the insulation will be installed and the drywall will be up. I think they also said that the exterior siding should be started on Monday. Things are moving along and we really couldn't be happier. I am so ready to be out of this townhouse! 6 people aren't meant to be confined by the walls of a town home and I need some personal space for the love of Pete! We were told that from this point we are between 4-6 weeks from completion which is the end of October/beginning of November- when we started our anticipated closing date was said to be November 1st, so that means we are looking good. I'm surprised because I thought it would be closer to the end of the second week of November. Sometime within the next week we should be getting a letter from the settlement person giving us the dates of the pre-settlement walk thru and the confirmed closing date. My countdown ticker is at 49 days I think and that's exciting. I'm glad to be excited about this stuff because it's been a really hard week at work and I've been stressed to the max all week. I just pray that everything continues to go well. I think I might start packing up a few things this weekend because I have 4 kids and I don't get home from work until 630 during the week, so there isn't going to be any packing happening during the weekdays. That leaves me 6 weekends which is equal to 12 days and I've learned from previous experience that I act like a lunatic if I wait until the last minute to accomplish things...Anyways, I need to go to bed, I believe I have reached my limit of mental exhaustion...Oh, and I forgot to mention that we can finally lock in our rate- God is good, Amen!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear your meeting went well! The good news is rates have come down a bit this week. The big fed meeting is Sept 18 so it may be good or bad news regarding the possible taper (which has ultimately been driving rates up). I thought it would go,slower once drywall was done,but it still seems like they're doing something different inside every day except Sunday. Don't be afraid to reach out to your PM if you notice anything wrong moving forward. It seems like we send ours an email every week about something we notice.

    ReplyDelete