Friday, August 16, 2013

A slab and neighbors

Today our slab was poured and it's wonderful! I am really glad to see things moving along because progress seemed really slow at the beginning. I'm looking forward to seeing the framing next week :)
 
We met our future neighbors yesterday- they're a couple building next to us and they've just had their footers poured this week. Their home is going to be a Venice elevation K also, but the floor plan is reversed and they will have the stone up the front where we only have it along the bottom of our house. They also have a very similar color scheme-we picked pebble clay siding with sandy tan shakes and theirs is the opposite. Both will have Kentucky stone I believe, but the trim, shutters, and door will be different - The house on the other side of us also has these colors (sandy tan, pebble clay). I know that the houses will look different, but I'm still a little concerned that our house might disappear with all the sandy tan, pebble clay going on. Our new neighbor "S"also admitted that she was worried too, but I really think that their choice of the white trim is going to make all the difference because this will mean that the garage door is white also.  I have been regretting not going with my initial choice of the white trim, but now I'm glad that I finally settled on the almond. To be honest I think that their home is going to look better because of the white trim and the stone- I love the stone! Our home will be awesome too though.....Anyways, the neighbors are set to close about 2 weeks after our estimated date. They both seem awesome and I'm looking forward to getting to know them. I just hope they don't scare easily because I suffer from weirdness and my family is loud :)

4 comments:

  1. Woohoo! That is a nice basement :) So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats its really going to go fast from here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the progress!!! Its great that you like you neighbors already! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't fret, your house will look amazing. Glad you like your neighbors, we keep meeting really nice people too, can't wait to move in.

    ReplyDelete