I am beyond frustrated with Ryan Homes and NVR mortgage
right now. When we originally signed our Sales Agreement and applied with NVR
in May the interest rate was 3.25% - which was great, we were getting the house
we wanted at the price that we wanted to pay per month…Well that has completely
went to heck in a hand basket! Now we are 6 weeks into construction and 72 days
away from our estimated closing date, things are behind schedule, framing hasn’t
started so who knows when we will have our pre-drywall meeting so we can lock
in a rate – and who knows how high the average rate will be by then! The
average rate right now is 4.55% and that increases our mortgage payment by
about $200 a month. I don’t want to be house broke! And even if we could lock
in a rate any time soon I’m not sure that we could since we haven’t even
received and approval from NVR and it’s been 90 days!! That’s right – 3 months!!
They are so inefficient that they can’t review and confirm our information in 3
months? My husband and I were talking over this last night and had decided to
email our SR to see if we could make changes to reduce the price of the home
(from finished basement to unfinished/hardwoods to vinyl) this is about an $18K
difference. I emailed her this morning and I’m waiting on a response. I’m just
over it and to be honest if NVR decides to deny us I would be happy because I
am just so sick of having to worry about it…again it’s been 3 months! We’ve talked
to another builder in the area and I’m 100% positive that things would go a lot
smoother with them. I hate the thought of having to start over completely and
wait another 6 months, but we may not have a choice if things keep going this
way. Oh and to top things off we asked 2 questions at our preconstruction
meeting 6 weeks ago and no one has even bothered to provide an answer- and they
want us to complete a survey rating our experience? Ok, bring it on.